Why Geothermal heating and cooling? The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and the DOE (Department of Energy) affirms that geothermal heat pumps are the most environmentally friendly and cost-efficient way to heat and cool your home. And take it from us, the geothermal company with the most experience in Central Indiana… we know these systems work very well in Westfield, Carmel, Zionsville, Fishers, Noblesville and all of the Indianapolis area.
Geothermal heating and cooling is the best. Have you ever considered that instead of purchasing heating fuel, you could harvest heat from the property around your home?
A geothermal system will allow you to do this and cut your energy costs. Geothermal technology uses a small amount of electricity to gather heat from the ground and move it to your home. In the summer it uses this same heat transfer technology to cool your home. It’s a way for you to harvest the heat you already own (solar heat stored in your yard) instead of purchasing an expensive fuel for winter heating.
- Efficient. Geothermal operating costs are only 20% the cost of an electric furnace or an LP gas furnace. Spend one dollar; get up to five dollars worth of heat.
- Tax credits. At this time, geothermal systems are still eligible for a 30% federal tax credit.
- Longer life expectancy. Geothermal loops will last 50 years. Your first loop should last long enough to serve your next two geothermal heating systems. The furnace and air conditioner will last longer too. There is no outdoor air conditioning unit so half of your system is not exposed to the outdoor elements like traditional air conditioners and heat pumps.
- Low maintenance. Geothermal heat pumps have fewer moving parts than traditional systems, which means fewer breakdowns and repairs.
- Clean. Heat pumps create no carbon monoxide or other pollutants.
- Outdoor living in quiet. A geothermal heat pump does not use an outdoor condensing unit like a conventional air conditioner so there is no noise next to your patio or deck.